Health and Safety and HR Advisor
Greenwood Plants are industry leading suppliers of plants to landscape contractors for commercial and new build housing sites. We are seeking an experienced Human Resources and Quality, Health & Safety and Environment Adviser to join our growing team.
The role will support in the delivery of group Health & Safety, Environment and Quality services to ensure compliance to applicable corporate, legal, and client requirements. This role will cover key compliance elements for HSQE across all departments and sites.
Responsible for the management and monitoring of all HR functionality across the business.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- ◦ Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules, and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated, and communicated in partnership with operational managers. Inclusive of Fire Safety, risk assessments, manual handling and other aspects of H&S
- ◦ Assist in developing, reviewing, checking, monitoring the implementation of risk assessments, safe systems of work, procedures, and processes, highlighting areas for potential improvement, monitoring, tracking, and closing out actions, complementing standards required.
- ◦ Ensure that all accidents and incidents are documented, recorded, investigated, and recommended improvements are implemented.
- ◦ Have a strong knowledge of all Acts, Regulations, Legislations, Approved Codes of Practices, HSE Guidance that apply to the Company’s operations.
- ◦ Promote & maintain safe systems of work and see that they do not require or allow persons to take unnecessary risks.
- ◦ Undertake employee engagement in the form of on-site training
- ◦ Prepare job descriptions, advertise vacant positions ad manage the employee induction process, including ensuring all required documentation is obtained
- ◦ Managing all day to day HR functions and activities for both sites, overseeing all employees. (Holiday reporting, timesheets, sickness, lateness, employee queries ect.)
- ◦ Providing support and advice to all senior and line management in relation on all aspects of HR.
- ◦ Managing company training functions and ensuring training records are updated and current
- ◦ Assist and undertake incident investigations, identifying immediate, underlying and root causes and provide advice on the mitigation actions required
- ◦ Support the nursery management in providing advice and guidance on operational activities
- ◦ Primary level health and safety management qualification e.g. NEBOSH Certificate
- ◦ 3+ years experience in health and safety
- ◦ Have excellent communication skills to engage with internal and external interested parties
- ◦ Good understanding of HR legislation and regulations
Job Type: Permanent
- ◦ Company pension
- ◦ On-site parking
- ◦ Monday to Friday
- ◦ Human Resources: 2 years (preferred)
- ◦ QHSE: 2 years (preferred)
- ◦ HSE Qualification (preferred)
- ◦ No